Monday, March 16, 2009

in search of the perfect bakery.


i have a passion for bakeries. i love fine foods... whenever i travel, i am always in search for the
perfect bakery. first, the smell when you walk in, it has to smell fresh and yummy. next, is the atmosphere charming? third, how the baked goods are presented - are they all lined up like little soldiers in their perfect case and so delectable you want to buy them all? and then, how does each morsel taste? 

here are some of my favorites... would love to hear some of yours...
joans on third - los angeles
balthazar, mitchel london foods, orwashers, magnolia - nyc
dean and deluca - everywhere!
and our long lost barefoot contessa was on e of the best ever in east hampton...

8 comments:

AnnaVallance said...

Anywhere in Italy of course but closer to home these are the ones I love: Horsting Farms in Cache Creek, Terra Breads in Vancouver on Granville Island,Pane e Formaggio in Vancouver , and Swiss Pastries right here in Kamloops.

red ticking said...

thank you... i will love to come sample as many of these as possible on my next visit!

red ticking said...

i also agree with you.. italy is amazing and so is france, austria...the list goes on and on...

coast said...

Love, love Joan's! One of my absolute favorites!

coast said...

You got me thinking of my other favorites...Figaro in Los Feliz (hip place for grabbing a pain au chocolat and espresso for breakfast or sipping a Lillet after a spot of shopping..also yummy: the crepes a la banane et chocolat), The City Bakery in Brentwood (cool ny outpost tucked away in the Country Mart...great cookies...fun to sit at a picnic table in the courtyard, cooling off with a farmer's lemonade). I wish I lived in LA.

red ticking said...

love all of your comments...but i must say... NO ONE can touch joans. she is simply one of the most brilliant, creative woman i know. i adore her.

I Dream Of said...

Gerard Mulot in Paris and Bouchon in Yountville. Mmmmm. Both are first on my list as soon as I am off the plane!

red ticking said...

ch...
have not been to gerard mulot - must try next time..and i forgot our favorite poilane!!!
and bouchon... you know how i feel about that place... just give me one of everything!