Thursday, March 18, 2010

vintage wicker


vintage wicker to me, is classic and timeless.

it reminds me of a fabulous trip to brimfield 14 years ago with really good friends.
i was living in boston at the time and we all piled into a car and went for the day.

it was pouring rain, and we ran from field to field laughing and not stopping until it was time to leave... we came to the most amazing set of wicker furniture... perfect for my friends home...

problem was, how do we fit a fabulous set of wicker into our car and drive home?
due to circumstances and the weather...we had to leave it behind... we kick ourselves all the time over this.. "the one that got away"...

have you ever had something like this happen??

the french vintage floral on this vintage wicker is amazing.

image john granen

12 comments:

Beach House Living said...

Absolutely, and more then once.

Haley Sue said...

I know my mom and I went to a barn sale one time and left a really sweet chair because it was in New York and didn't know how to get it back to CO--the shipping was ridiculous. We still talk about it. I shipped a stop sign home :)

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Pam
The chair is gorgeous and right about that fabric!! ?Well I kick myself all the time.. worse for giving away antiques that i now miss... hope they are happy in their new home. haha .. have a great weekend xx Julie

Ness Lockyer said...

Oh, if I had a dollar every time that happened! That chair is lovely.
Ness xx

Yvonne - Frl. Klein said...

Hello! What beautiful blog you have!!!! So many great inspirations!!! Have a nice weekend!!!
Yvonne

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh that chair and the fabric is so beautiful. It has all faded to the perfect degree !!
I used to miss things all the time. I'd hum and haw over something, then go home and wish I'd bought it.
I'm much better now though.... now I'm older and wiser !!!! XXXX

Les Cotrions said...

The vintage chair is so lovely and the fabric too!!! I always miss a lot of things!
Happy Sunday!
Vale

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh yes, more than once...love the fabric on the cushion.
hugs ~lynne~

Faux Fuchsia said...

This happens to me all the time. Usually when I am in Hong Kong and can't figure out how to get cheap but divine furniture and homewares back to Australia! Love the blog!

24 Corners said...

I would love having beautiful wicker tables, chairs, and what-nots scattered throughout every room of the house...and the fabrics would hopefully be as beautiful as this one is.

Greet Lefèvre said...

Oh love that vintage wicker chair! But here in Belgium I can't find!! Only the new wicker chair. But I like that too.
xx
Greet

cotedetexas said...

sigh. this is gorgeous. sigh.