Thursday, July 29, 2010

indigo



i live in blue jeans..i probably own 15 pair... i used to dress in a suit almost daily in my past (24 year clothing and design career) and now i get to live in whatever i want... what a joy!

i also LOVE anything antique or vintage indigo...
i buy every textile i can that represents "true blue" ...
here is a little sample of what i love... and why i love it... age, patina...
and then the fabric becomes a genuine custom pillow... perfection.


photos by john granen

12 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

love it !!!!!

kary

Cathie said...

lovely!!
I am making some bunting out of old jeans, love the look of it.
happy Friday to you

Jeanne Henriques said...

Great colour, great concept, great photos!!

Jeanne:)

Jules said...

eight pairs! What would I do without them?!!!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

I'm with you all the way on this one. Leaving business suits behind for the softness and comfort of true blue, honest jeans...is well, a gift!
:)

Mariska Meijers said...

you are like me. I was even wearing jeans while living in Singapore!

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Brilliant photograph and can so understand why you would love to wear jeans after wearing suits everyday.
Have a wonderful weekend, Pamela. XXXX

June said...

I know what you mean about the jeans...truly my best friends in all the world. I can hardly believe that my mother has never worn a pair of blue jeans! Oh the thought makes me faint...lol!
I love your beautiful pillows!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

These are perfect Pam. Nothing emotes comfort more than worn denim. You just feel immediately casual & relaxed.

Hoping you have a denim style weekend my dear xxx deb

koralee said...

You are my kinda girl sweet friend...I need some of those lovely cushions...beautiful. Happy weekend.

Renae Moore said...

Oh ya....very comfy!
xx

Stephanie said...

I am a bluejean baby for sure! Just found your blog and love it - now following!