Sunday, March 1, 2009

saturday morning


i love saturday mornings...
in my bed, fresh coffee, jamie oliver and nigella on food network.
i finally rally and it is off to the university farmers market!
going to the market is always like unwrapping a gift and finding treasure inside.
this week it was straight to the cheese...
a nice woman provided samples of the pt townsend fromage blanc.
it is a fresh soft cheese made with whole milk from local fed cows.
so tasty... i know my friends will devour this one!
next apples... there is something so refreshing about biting into an organic apple 
(even this time of year!) 
but i must say, my true blue favorite, and a staple in my house 
are various jars from woodringnorthwest. they can everything from preserves 
to vegetables and my favorite are parker's pickles. simply delicious....

3 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

I too enjoy the Saturday markets. We have about four of them scattered across the city. Each one has it's own unique flavor.

I'm so glad that you found my blog. Now I've found yours too! You have some absolutely lovely things posted. I'm getting the spring itch just looking at your pictures. (We had snow today!)

Hope to see you again soon!
-GSG

red ticking said...

so great to connect with you... i will be back to visit...

p.s. sorry about the snow...
daylight savings begins in 2 weeks!
there is hope for all of us!

mimi charmante said...

I have posted a couple of times about the Saturday market in the University district. I love that, even now, I can get things like root vegetables that are so fabulous. I adore local and in season!